An Introduction to Healthy Meal Planning
One of the most common misconceptions about healthy eating is that it costs too much and is too difficult to plan. This notion is patently false, as healthy eating is actually quite simple and can be tailored to fit virtually any budget; it simply takes a bit of forethought. With that in mind, the Food Bank has already done that part for you; we’ve put in the time, research, and planning so you don’t have to worry about it. Not only that, but we’ve got you covered on some of your costs as well; the boxes provided to you every week contain the basic building blocks for a healthy diet.
The benefits of eating properly cannot be overstated. Your body is a highly sophisticated molecular machine, and like any machine, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. By putting in the proper diet, you will begin to see noticeable improvements in:
- Your overall health
- Your physical appearance
- Your focus and energy level throughout the day
- Your body’s ability to fight and prevent illness
About This Guide
This guide contains the general structure needed to craft common Foodbank items into a meal plan that is easy, effective, and above all: enjoyable. You may use the provided links to download the full guide in a printer-friendly PDF file.
The five sections are divided up as follows:
- Meal Plan with Additional Shopping List:This section contains a seven day meal plan for four weeks that will serve as the backbone of your diet. It also contains ideas for healthy breakfasts and snacks, as well as an additional shopping list that will help with the ‘Recipes’ section.
- Recipe Ideas: This section contains a selection of healthy recipes that you can make using common Food Bank items and the items listed on the ‘Additional Items Shopping List’.
- Information for Diabetics: This section contains some general health information and nutritional guidelines for people living with type 2 diabetes.
- Carbohydrate Counting: This section contains a list of the carbohydrate content in common items you will receive from the Food Bank.
- Helpful Hints and Resources: This section contains miscellaneous information on other programs and methods that are designed to make healthy meals easier and better tasting.